cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM3.02 CTMJrmServer: doesn't start

hi to all!

I installed CSM 3.0.2

I've got RME update from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5

before this I made an automatic bake-up.

After restore it JRM daemon didn't start

it gives me this error:

CTMJrmServer: initializing daemon manager

CTMJrmServer: initialized daemon manager

getJRM: SUCCESSFUL CONNECTION TO JRM.

com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: CTMServer::publish Cannot publish URN: ""JRM"". Reason : Registry Server did not respond

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.CTMServer.publish(CTMServer.java:235)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.CTMServer.publish(CTMServer.java:182)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer.<init>(CTMJobManagerServer.java:69)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer.main(CTMJobManagerServer.java:34)

ish(CTMServer.java:235)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger.notifyLevelChange(ServiceLogLevelChanger.java:41)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger.notifyLevelChange(ServiceLogLevelChanger.java:61)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer.<init>(CTMJobManagerServer.java:56)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer.main(CTMJobManagerServer.java:34)

[ mer giu 20 16:29:42 CEST 2007 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.JobManagerExt,getJRM,117,getJRM: bind successful

[ mer giu 20 16:29:48 CEST 2007 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.JobManagerExt,getJRM,251,getJRM: SUCCESSFUL CONNECTION TO JRM.

thanks for any helps

Leonardo

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did the restored data come from a different host, or have a different hostname associated with it? Did you aforementioned LiaisonServlet problems start after this restore?

well... I have had a problem with liason servlet before this error.

So... I update the CSM 3.01 to 3.02.

no more liason servlet problem I have encounterd.

During, CSM 3.02 installation I answered yes to the automatic backup.

After the installation was completed.. I made a restore backup of automatic-backup directory.

after that RME has given that error.

The restore is made from the same host, but...

I tried to retore backup from a daily scheduled backup directory first. I don't remember what's happened... but maybe it was failed.

So... do you think I have to reinstall CSM 3.01? CSM 3.0.2 is more stable of CSM3.0.1?

Joe, I can reload devices manually, I didn't need to restore backup now.

I need to have a stable CSM.

CSM 3.0.1 was patched with all patchs found in download software. I have 200 devices license software for CSM 3.0.1. Can I upgrade to CSM 3.1 with the same license, or I have to purchase this one?

This case is critical because in this week we have the trial.

hope your helps.

Thanks

Leonardo

CTMJrmServer is specific to RME. I suggest if you have critical CSM questions, you take those up on one of the security forums, or open a TAC Service Request.

To debug the CTMJrmServer problem, the jrm.log and CTMJrmServer.log would be useful to see.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: