cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3 E1 in PPP MultiLink do not use full bandwidth available

mzm
Level 1
Level 1

When copying a 2GB file on a Multilink that has 5942 Kb available only uses 1.5Kb

33 Replies 33

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

Can you try "ppp multilink fragment size 500" ?

The IOS of the router on the other end does not support this change. I am in the process of upgrading that IOS to the latest version

Good luck and let us know if it works.

Did not work, very small improvement to 1.14 Mb during a 2GB file copy.

Has the router config changed ? What is the config of the router on the side that has the file being transmitted ?

See attached

Hi,

I do not see "ppp multilink fragment size 500" under any interface, where di you configure it ?

Also, would you send "show controllers e1" to rule out any physical problem. It appears the vwic modules have not been but in clocking domain as required.

There is no option under the latest IOS to change the fragment size. Please see attached.

In regards to the clock. Cisco said there is no need for "network-clock participate" but I am willing to try it.

Mary

Hi,

Your E1 lines are clean, there is no need for "network-clock-participate".

Now, what IOS are you using? Please include "show version".

"ppp multilink fragment size" is available on from 12.2(4)T onwards. With previous releases, you can only configure the "ppp multlink framgment delay" in order to indirectly set the fragments size.

Also please include "show interface", "show buffers".

I did send you this, right?

Did you find anything?

Hi,

No, I didn't saw "show version", or "show interface" on both routers. My suspicion is that the fragment is not set small enough.

Ok here it is.

Sorry, wrong files. Let's try again.

Hi,

the bundle members are balancing quite well and the input error ratio is reasonable.

The thing is that you cannot set the fragment size directly because you have upgraded to 12.4 mainline, not 12.4 T, where the command is supported starting from 12.4(4)T.

If you do not want to upgrade again, try setting "ppp multilink fragment delay 20"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: