cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows networking through VPN

descalante2007
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Site to Site IPSec VPN up between two sites. On my understanding all IP ports are open, and ip helper-address command had been added to config on both sides. Remote Windows clients are not able to register with Windows 2003 domain controller. What should I verify in Cisco routers? WINS ? NBT ? DHCP? TCP/UDP Ports ? I know the VPN is up because there are two Avaya PBXs communicating through the link, also any side to side ping, telnet, ftp try works properly.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

srue
Level 7
Level 7

what do you mean that the remote windows clients aren't able to register with the DC? do you mean dynamic dns? make sure the windows client's dns server configurations are pointing to the AD controller as their primary dns server.

can you ping between sites using hostnames? or just IP's?

Let me understand this. Currently Cisco857 is providing DNS through DHCP for some machines. DNS addresses are from ISP. Should I indicate Windows server address instead ? What if I set WINS ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: