Passing Scores???

Unanswered Question
Jun 20th, 2007

Does anyone know what are the min passing scores for:

CCNA 801 - 849 (I know that one)

Intro 821 - 825 (Got that one on Tuesday)

ICND 811 - ???

CCDA - ???

Thanks,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Passing socre for 640-801 (CCNA) is 849, but its based on a scale from 300 to 1000. However, you can't just count the questions you have to answer corrently, not all questions are rated equally, you may also encounter some beta questions that are not rated at all. There will also be simulations that will require you to configure Cisco devices.

Even though you should have most of the knowledge required to pass the exam, I would recommend to pick up at least on study guide/book to review the key topics and IOS commands.

scottmac Fri, 06/22/2007 - 19:18

Please don't take offense, as none is intended.

I am curious as to why it would matter?

Is it your intent to study "just enough" to pass by the barest of minimum scores?

This question / questions of this type come up pretty often, and I don't understand why it would matter.

Having the cert may or may not get you through the door for an interview, but you'll almost certainly end up in a "tech interview" with experienced people doing their darndest to find out just how much you actually know and can figure out (i.e., "this question ain't on the test").

I can guarantee they are looking for more then someone that can pass the test at the minimum level and / or the least amount of intellectual effort.

Good Luck

Scott

jnatt Sat, 06/23/2007 - 04:18

Scott:

No offense taken, actually it is more of a learning tool. I personally would like to get a perfect score on the tests. But having said that I only got a 966 on the Intro :( Anyway I am just looking for a curiousity point of view, to help judge the toughness of these vers other Certifications I have pursued.

Joel

jnatt Sat, 06/23/2007 - 04:21

Scott:

No offense taken, actually it is more of a learning tool. I personally would like to get a perfect score on the tests. But having said that I only got a 966 on the Intro :( Anyway I am just looking for a curiousity point of view, to help judge the toughness of these vers other Certifications I have pursued and also help me as I judge in those interviews some of the canidates we interview.

Getting in the door in my case happened years ago, now it is others turn to get past me and the world experience I have seen. I remember ACS as v2.0 and Cisco WLAN before it was owned by Cisco. I have seen 2600 Series routers as the new toy on the block, not the soon to be forgotten object. So again no Offense Taken :)

Thanks for asking...

Joel

dgoodridge Mon, 06/25/2007 - 03:07

To answer your original question Joel; my CCDA a few weeks back was a 825 target.

Actions

This Discussion