CSM3.02 CTMJrmServer: doesn't start

Unanswered Question
Jun 20th, 2007

hi to all!

So... I update the CSM 3.01 to 3.02.

During, CSM 3.02 installation I answered yes to the automatic backup.

After the installation was completed.. I made a restore backup of automatic-backup directory.

after that RME has given this erro.

The restore is made from the same host, but...

I tried to retore backup from a daily scheduled backup directory first. I don't remember what's happened... but maybe it was failed.

So... do you think I have to reinstall CSM 3.01? CSM 3.0.2 is more stable of CSM3.0.1?

I can reload devices manually, I didn't need to restore backup now.

I need to have a stable CSM.

CSM 3.0.1 was patched with all patchs found in download software. I have 200 devices license software for CSM 3.0.1. Can I upgrade to CSM 3.1 with the same license, or I have to purchase this one?

I've got RME update from 4.0.3 to 4.0.5

before this I made an automatic bake-up.

After restore it JRM daemon didn't start

it gives me this error:

CTMJrmServer: initializing daemon manager

CTMJrmServer: initialized daemon manager

com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: CTMServer::publish Cannot publish URN: ""JRM"". Reason : Registry Server did not respond

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.CTMServer.publish(CTMServer.java:235)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.CTMServer.publish(CTMServer.java:182)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer.<init>(CTMJobManagerServer.java:69)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer.main(CTMJobManagerServer.java:34)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger.notifyLevelChange(ServiceLogLevelChanger.java:41)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger.notifyLevelChange(ServiceLogLevelChanger.java:61)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer.<init>(CTMJobManagerServer.java:56)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer.main(CTMJobManagerServer.java:34)

[ mer giu 20 16:29:42 CEST 2007 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.JobManagerExt,getJRM,117,getJRM: bind successful

[ mer giu 20 16:29:48 CEST 2007 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.JobManagerExt,getJRM,251,getJRM: SUCCESSFUL CONNECTION TO JRM.

hope any helps!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jreekers Thu, 06/21/2007 - 15:49

Hi Leonardo.

I think what you have is a port contention problem. These are the following ports that are used for RME:

As specified in the product documentation, port tcp/47000 is one of the ports that must be available in order for RME to work properly. I suspect that this may be the port that is being held by another process.

What you can do, is do a netstat on your server and pay attention to port 47000 and see what process ID is holding that port. You can then check the process status for your Ciscoworks processes, and see if the RMECSTMServer process is the one listening on 47000. If it is, that's good, it's working as it should. If it isn't, you need to kill whatever process *is* listening to that port, and restart the Ciscoworks daemon manager.

Please let me know how it goes.

This Discussion