CCNA Study Help

Unanswered Question
Jun 20th, 2007
User Badges:

What amount of time should one spend on each chapter of the cisco press intro book?

Right know I am reading a chapter a day and taking the cd test for the chapters I read. So far I am getting 100% on these first 3 chapters.Is this good enough or should I study and memorize the book questions at the end of every chapter.

So far everythng is understandable.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nowcommsupport Thu, 06/21/2007 - 06:21
User Badges:

If you're referring to the CCNA press books (Which are fantastic in my opinion) you'll be wise to just use the test questions as a practice - the questions in the book are nothing like the exams in the real exam.

It may sound stupid but memorizing both CCNA 1&2 and 3&4 books is by far the best way forward to passing the exam. A test simulator (Or the real thing) will help you get through the labs.

js01234567 Thu, 06/21/2007 - 14:56
User Badges:

Heres my thing. I know I can get the exam test memorized, but will it help in the field?

How can I put this?

What will it take to know this stuff, the way I learned how to ride a bike and never forgot.

I can tell I am absorbing the information quite easy and its all very understandable to me.

Hope I made sense.

jrensink78 Thu, 06/21/2007 - 07:54
User Badges:

It all depends on your familiarity with the material and how fast you absorb the information. The chapter questions are there to help you see if you understand the material, but not necessarily there to mimic the exam questions.

Personally, a chapter a day was about what I did in the Cisco Press books. I underlined as I went along. When I was done, I did a pass-through of everything I underlined as review.

I would be sure to know the answers to all of the "Do you know this" questions at the beginning of the chapters as well as all of the questions at the end of the chapter. Plus the questions on the review CD. Each of these sources of questions are made for slightly different purposes. For me, the more types of questions I can answer, the better prepared I am come exam time.

Actions

This Discussion