cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME Issues

richard-o
Level 1
Level 1

I've got CCME running on a 2611XM with a 7912 setup and i'm having a few issues.

The phone is not registering and sits on "Configuring IP"

The router is running 12.4(3a) and CCME 3.3

i've specified

load 7912 CP7912060000SCCP050124A.sbin

&

tftp-server flash:CP7912060000SCCP050124A.sbin

The phone used to be on Call Manager and is running v8.0(1)

After resetting to factory default, the phone attempts to upgrade but displays an error in the top left of the screen

e: need ver<=6.1

From the limited documentation I can find (mostly in the CCME compatibility matrix) I can't see anywhere listed that the 7912 firmware is signed from ver 6.1 onwards so i'm really stumped about what the problem could be.

With regards to failing to register with CCME, I've probably overlooked something with my limited exposure. The phone displays a tftp timeout for the xml.conf but I thought CCME used a universal config file for phones?

Any help at all resolving my problems would be greatly appreciated!

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well this is a bit strange.

"configuring ip" is displayed when the phone is doing DHCP. This should be followed by "registering".

But, you say that the phone gets the config file from router, then gets stuck in "configuring ip"? And doesn't restart by itself after a while ?

Anyway, can you download the latest firmware and the "client utilities"? It can be a laborious process because the 7912 are a bit sturdy as telephones, but in my experience, unless you upgrade postively, there are little chances it will ever work.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Richard,

It seems to me that you are trying to downgrade the phone from 8.0(1) to 6.0 and it's telling to you he doesn't want to go below 6.1 !

Please remove the load statement, or if you want to upgrade use latest FW that is 8.0(3)) from memory.

if you want to seen which config files are given to the phones, do "show telephony-service tftp-bindings".

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hello P. Bevilacqua

Will there be any problem running a phone on a higher firmware version then what is packaged with CCME? If there's not, that's great, but I'd still like to know why I can't go below ver 6.1. It seems that the phone firmware packaged with CCME jumped straight from 6.0 to 8.0(1) so I wouldn't have thought it would be such a problem.

I ran a show telephony-service tftp-bindings and it gave me

tftp-server system:/its/XMLDefault7912.cnf.xml alias SEP0016XXXXXXXX.cnf.xml

It looks like its hosting the default 7912 config file alias'd as the mac of the phone which is good but why is the phone showing a TFTP timeout for the xml.conf under status messages?

It picks up the Call Manager as the correct address and I was under the impression that the CM address came from the config file?

Hi,

The higher the firmware, the better. There is no firmware packaged with CME, all firmware files are to be downloaded separately.

To see what's going on with config files, do "term mon" and "debug tftp events". in case the phone request some file the router doesn't have, you will see that (no "eopening" after request), that not necessarily indicates a problem.

Alright after debugging the TFTP events, I can see that the phone is requesting the correct file and apparently it's being sent.

The phone itself picks up the correct ip address of the CCME router for the Call Manager so at least part of the config is being read.

What other reasons could cause a phone to get stuck under "Configuring IP" ?

Well this is a bit strange.

"configuring ip" is displayed when the phone is doing DHCP. This should be followed by "registering".

But, you say that the phone gets the config file from router, then gets stuck in "configuring ip"? And doesn't restart by itself after a while ?

Anyway, can you download the latest firmware and the "client utilities"? It can be a laborious process because the 7912 are a bit sturdy as telephones, but in my experience, unless you upgrade postively, there are little chances it will ever work.

Sorry I may have been misleading. The exact process it goes through after a factory reset is configuring vlan, config ip by dhcp, opening 192.168.1.1, configuring ip. After about 30 seconds it resets.

A quick look on the phone config shows its picked up the correct network settings (ip/subnet/tftp server/call manager/default router etc)

No activity on debug ephone register

Ok, that makes more sense. The phone might be looking for gkdefault.cfg that is a special file to reload firmware.

Do you have access to CCO downloads ?

You would need the latest firmware and the "client utilities" to generate the gkdefault.cfg file mentioned above.

The 7912 is a sturdy telephone, but once you have the right tools, it will behave.

Yes, I have access to CCO but turns out I didn't need it!

I eventually got sick of trying random commands out, so I wiped telephony-service and fired up the auto setup. I'm a complete idiot! The entire time I was missing the ip source-address 192.168.1.1 command

I was so thrown off by seeing the correct call-manager address in the phone config that I assumed I didn't need to tell it what the CCME address was.

Well that's why I said at the start i'm new to CCME.

Thanks muchly for your help!

Hi, everyone gets stuck sometime, for this we have forums and hauling trucks.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: