cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS basics

ajames2007
Level 1
Level 1

I have a typical network Main site with two remote sites. At each site there is a 2800 and a downstream 3550 poe switch where the phones connect. I need to set up some local LAN qos on the ports and then prioritise the voice traffic across the WAN. I am quite new to QOS so could any body give me a guide of where to start or provide any sample configs?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Let alone the LAN for now as it won't give you any problem. Please state how your WAN is made, links type and speed, routers used, etc.

ok

one site has a 2811 router with a connected les 10 circuit which connects back to the main site remote site two has a 2600 with a 2mb leased line Both remote site ciruits are provided by BT. The mail site has 4500 which terminates both remote site connections

Thanks

Hi,

For the 10 mpbs circuit, once again I would not configure anything. For the 2 mpbs, give a look to "show interfaces" on both sides. If you have "packet drops" increasing a peak times, you may want to configure basic LLQ per document:

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a0080087b13.html

Note, the match can done much simpler on dscp EF that you telephones should be using already.

Note also, your 4500 router may have a too old IOS to support that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: