Views
Helpful
Replies

Message server is off line message

idupreez_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have Unity 4.2(1) set up as UM to Exchange 2003 SP2.

Imported some users, but when they try to access their VM on the phone it plays the UMR message that says the Message server is off line.

In the Event log I see these errors

Event id :110

Source : CiscoUnity_UMR

Description:

The Unity Message Repository cannot communicate with the Partner Mail Server to deliver messages. Messages will be held in the temporary store until the mail server is available. 1446

Event id :1017

Source : CiscoUnity_ExchangeMo

Description:

The Partner Exchange Server <EXServer> is offline during ExchangeMonitor Startup. All message notification processing is disabled until this has been resolved. When the Exchange Monitor detects that this server is back online, registration for notifications will proceed.

The current member server is <EXServer> witch is not the BridgeHead.

Now I?m trying to run the Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard.

I specify <BHServer> as the new Exchange Server and the First Storage group as the Mailbox store.

The moment I press Next the Wizard closes dow and gives this event error.

Event id :318

Source : SQLSERVERAGENT

Description:

Unable to read local eventlog (reason: The data area passed to a system call is too small).

Any one with ideas?

Thanks

PS

I also get a few event errors from the CiscoUnity_PhGreeting Source.

2 Replies 2

baldwinj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe the problem you are encountering with the Message Store Configuration Wizard is described in an existing defect (CSCsd99610) and there is a workaround (details are available in the Bug Toolkit http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/).

This should allow you to change your partner server to the Exchange bridgehead successfully, but there may still be another problem here since it sounds like Unity is not able to connect to at least one of your Exchange servers.

Thanks Baldwin

This was the defect I had.

Now have trouble connecting Unity to other message stores.

I'm sure its permissions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: