CFA not working at all

Unanswered Question
Jun 21st, 2007
User Badges:

We are running a Call manager 4.01


CFA was working fine. its not working at all now, even between local phones.


I already checked all CSS and partitions but i don't know where to look anymore.


Can anyone point me to the right direction


When assigned CFA on a phone using CFwdall button, i get a "right arrow" on the top right and the forwarding number is correctly configured on the CCM.


The strange thing is that i can't disable the "Right arrorw" until i do a cFwdall again using the phone own extension.


When dialing from other phone to the one forwarding, this last one rings instead and the caller is redirected to voice mail just after.


Another strange this is even if i disable on CCM all forwarding to voice mail and take the extension voice mail number out, the calling phone is still redirected to the mail box of the called one.


Thanks to all for helping


Pedro


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.

Hi Pedro,


Have you checked the status of the publisher?


In CCM4.x updating CFA is controlled via the publisher. When a user changes the CFA the publishers database is updated and then replicated to the subscribers in the cluster.


If only the publisher is down, the CFA can not be changed, as the subscribers have read-only copies of the database.


I would check the ccm services, event logs first up.


Cheers,


Mike.

acergygroup Thu, 06/21/2007 - 05:56
User Badges:

The publisher seems to be working fine. i checked services and the event viewer and the only thing that caught my attention was


this message


Error: MtpNoMoreResourcesAvailable - No more MTP resources available.

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Node ID: 172.XX.XX.10

Explanation: MTP resource is not available.

Recommended Action: Install additional MTP or transcoder resources..

d.haeni Fri, 09/07/2007 - 12:23
User Badges:

I had a similar issue today with a 4.2(1)sr1a Installation that was running well for months.

A handful of lines could not be CFAed anymore. If you forced it through the GUI, outside callers received fast busy (unallocated number).


DB Layer was fine (DBLHelper showed OK, DBL Service and eventually Server restarts did not help either). The solution was to fully remove the lines in question from the system (not just from the phone). After re-adding them to the phones, everything was fine.



Rob Huffman Thu, 06/21/2007 - 06:29
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

  • Cisco Designated VIP,

    2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Pedro,


Just to add a note to Mikes good info,here are some good troubleshooting docs for Call Forward All;


Cisco CallManager Issues with Call Forward All


From this good doc;


http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801b3f4b.shtml#t3



Field Notice: Call Forwarding Failure After a Cisco CallManager 4.x Unexpected Shutdown


http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a0080440e6d.shtml


I was working with someone not long ago that solved this issue by Stopping/Starting the Database Layer Monitor Service


Hope this helps!

Rob


Actions

This Discussion