cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP VXML Server Licensing (EVAL Version)

MickeyKnox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When I try to license CVP 4.0 Eval Version VXML Server by using the URL http://IP:PORT/CVP/Licensing which is on my VXML Server, this URL wants me to enter username and password for CVP VoiceXML Software Activation console. But I did not define any username or password during the installation phase except Operation Console Administrator user password. Is there any default user and password for this interface or what can I do to license this eval version CVP VXML server.

Thaks to all...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Mickey,

I'm in the same boat as you and was writing an email to send to our Cisco contact but decided to search the tree and I found what you need:

In C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\conf there is a file called login.properties

For me it says:

#The Login Info for Licensing and Info pages

#Fri Feb 24 12:07:34 PST 2006

Username=admin

Password=password

And it worked.

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

I thought that the steps in CVP 4.0 are as follows:

1. After installation, use CVP Operations Console to add and configure the VXML Server.

2. Select 'System Id' from the configuration toolbar, click OK to confirm the question 'Fetch VoiceXML Server System Id?' System Id will be displayed. (e.g. W2FY-A241-A594-C35D)

3. Access http://www.cisco.com/go/license to request the license. You will need your PAK (product activation key). If the software you have came without the PAK, then what I'm saying here is all wrong for you. ;-)

4. Receive an email from Cisco. Save the attached license file locally.

5. Using Ops Console and select the VXML Server. Select 'File Transfer' and then 'Licensing' from the configuration toolbar.

6. In File Transfer window?s Files tab, click 'Select a license file from your local PC' and click 'Browse' button. Find and choose the saved license file. Click 'Open'.

7. Click 'Transfer' button to apply the license to the?VXML Server.

8. Restart the VXML Server.

I am very familiar with CVP 3.x but am learning the CVP 4.x stuff, and it's way more complex. I haven't seen the upside yet.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi thanks to your reply first. But my problem is with EVAL version. The answer you have replied is for regular version and this is not working with EVAL version.

I got licence file from Cisco and some explanation how to do licence both EVAL and Regular version (you can see it below).The problem is after the installation when I try to reach this link ttp://IP:PORT/CVP/Licensing it whants username and password from me and I did not define any of them during the VXML server installation. Are they some kind of default values. Thanks...

-------------------

Activate Cisco Unified CVP 4.0 VXML Server

1. Install the software using the built-in installer executable.

2. Use the alphanumeric Installation Key during installation. When Unified CVP VXML Server 4.0 is started for the first time, it will indicate in your application server's console (and/or console log) that it needs to be activated. To activate it, visit the following URL and follow the instructions provided:

http://IP:PORT/CVP/Licensing

where IP is your application server's IP address, and PORT is the port it is listening on (usually 8080). Internet connectivity is required from the computer on which you are activating the software.

In CVP 3.1, Tomcat was listening on 8080. But from the CVP 4.0 Config guide:

"Note: 7000 is the default port number for a VoiceXML Server. The new port for Unified CVP4.0 is 7000 for both Tomcat and WebSphere with CVP4.0 VoiceXML Server."

However, since you get a response from where you go to you must be seeing something. I don't know the answer to your question really, since I don't have the EVAL kit.

With the previous version, you had to copy the License and Signature file into C:\Cisco\CVP\Server\license. Maybe you can find a similar directory.

Regards,

Geoff

OK, I've been playing with CVP VXML 4.0 today. I do see the screen called Service Activation or some such.

For me, it's on http://SERVER:7000/CVP/Licensing. Tomcat admin is on http://SERVER:7000.

I have no idea what user name and password to use, and I did not set one either. In the previous version it asked for a password to use as the Tomcat admin; but that's not done anymore - in fact, admin is an additional Tomcat package now. Makes me wonder how to set up a JNDI as in CVP 3.1, one logged into Tomcat Admin to configure the JNDI.

I do note that the licensing directory is still there - C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\licensing.

So if you have License and Signature. try copying them into that folder and restarting.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi all,

As you said, I copied the license file under the C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\licensing directory and restarted the server but the result is the same. The license file content format like 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345,1234567-12345-12345-1234567, do you have any idea about the format maybe it is wrong. I have just asked it Cisco but I didnt get any aswer yet.

Best regards...

I am not familiar with CVP 4.x licence files, so I can't tell you what they should look like. With CVP 3.1 there were two files - a License file in XML format that you could read and a Signature file that was binary. The License file would say when it expired, the IP address, the numebr of ports, the gateway adaptors. It was an Audium licence.

If all you have is content like above, I dare say that it won't work at all.

Hey, at least you tried. ;-)

Regards,

Geoff

Hey Mickey,

I'm in the same boat as you and was writing an email to send to our Cisco contact but decided to search the tree and I found what you need:

In C:\Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\conf there is a file called login.properties

For me it says:

#The Login Info for Licensing and Info pages

#Fri Feb 24 12:07:34 PST 2006

Username=admin

Password=password

And it worked.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi man, this was what I need and it solved my problem too, thanks...

Regards

Mickey Knox

Mickey,

Did you have any problem connecting to the Cisco server?

When I try to licence the CVP VXML server or the CVP Studio, I get an error saying it can't connect to the server.

The machines are on the network and are connected to the Internet through a web proxy - I can see Cisco.com OK.

Cheers,

Geoff

If you're using a proxy cancel out of the activation screen, go to the Studio interface and under Windows > preferences > Install/Update and enter your proxy information then try it again.

david

David,

Brilliant advice - that worked perfectly, allowing me to connect OK. Unfortunately for me, it reported an error and would not allow me to licence Studio. Says that the licence has expired.

This may be due to the fact that this is on a rack system for Networkers with 192.168.x.y addressing; so when Cisco asked me for the IP address of the box to prepare the licence, I gave a 192.168 address.

I've had to change the address temporarily to an HP network address to get to the licencing server through the proxy, and it may be rejecting the activation on that basis.

Anyway, full marks sir - and thanks. I'll have to check on the CVP VXML Server to see if a similar proxy setting can be applied.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

I'm on the same boat as you trying to activate a NFR version of VXML Server and Studio, it has been a pain working with the licenses. I had to do a manual activation for Studio and it worked, but manual failed for Server, working on that now.

david

No man,

I successfully licansed two CVP studio and one VXML Server today and there was no any error.

Selim Budakoğlu

Geoff,

I got it to work, however I did not follow the procedures outlined in the Cisco email. No matter what I did I was not able to get it activated the Cisco way. Let me know if you need any assistance.

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: