Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 2.5 problem

jackson.ku
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a Ciscoworks LMS 2.5 server, most of the RME functions ( syslog collection, configuration management .... ) could not work properly since last month. I attached MDC support information, could you please help to identify the problem?

Best Regards,

Jackson Ku

13 Replies 13

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the actual problems you are seeing with each function?

The MDC support bundle won't be of much use unless we know what is happening. Even then we may have to look at more RME specific logs.

Hi,

When I runned most functions ( for example : generate syslog report ), no deviced I could selected. but the device crendatials of common service was ok. How to collect more useful information for troubleshooting?

Best Regards,

Jackson Ku

If you go to RME - Devices - Device Management do you see any device in your inventory?

Are you receiving any syslog messages in the syslog.log file or syslog_info from devices that are in your RME inventory?

There are no devices I can see, and also no devices in config management - archive management.

the syslog.log still reveived the concurrent log sent from devices.

Best Regards,

If there are no devices, then config archive, syslog, etc...will not work

Can you go to Common Services - Device and Credentials - Device Management and see if there are any devices there?

How did you add the devices to the DCR?

as I mentioned early, the common services device credentials was ok. The RME functions worked fine before last month. There are something wrongs, but not the configuration problem.

Best Regards,

When you go to RME how many devices do you see for total number of devices?

Hi,

Did u find a solution to this problem?

I am having the same problem

regards

sathappan

Finally I re-install Ciscoworks, then import device.

I changed my hostname , so I have to do a reinstall. but after reinstallation only rme didnt work.

Did you do a device discovery? If so, have set up the device credentials for authentication?

oc3
Level 1
Level 1

Unix or Windows LMS 2.5

I think the issue in this thread has been lost, or never fully understood. Given that you are not the original poster, please start a new thread, and describe the problem in as much detail as possible. Including screenshots would also be very helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: