642-901 hurdle

Unanswered Question
Jun 21st, 2007

I just can?t seem to pass the BSCI test, tried the 801 in December then tried the 901 twice so far. I feel that I am not given enough time work through the number of questions given.

Just wondering if anyone else having problems with this 642-901 test? One co-worker blasted right through it no problems; another had to take it three times.

I am at the point where I am thinking about skipping it for now and come back to it last since I passed the switching first shot.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jlhainy Thu, 06/21/2007 - 07:54

ISCW and ONT will be harder than the BSCI. What area are you scoring the lowest in? I would focus on that area. Make sure you know and understand what they are asking you to configure in the simulations! I took a very long time on a sim because I realized I configured it wrong and I had to go back, unconfigure it and reconfigure it. I am glad I did, because I feel that is what helped me pass.

bwgray Thu, 06/21/2007 - 08:44

What have you been using to prepare thus far - books & simulators? Real lab setup? Quizzes ect?

I'm curious as I'm prepping to write to, hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks, and I don't wish to be blindsided either.

What topics did you struggle with?

Patrick Laidlaw Thu, 06/21/2007 - 14:58

Hello John,

The 642-901 was one of the toughest tests in the CCNP track when I finished. Just read it a couple of times over on your books I think it took me like 4 or 5 attempts on that one test. That and the BCMSN test gave me a hard time. Other wise the others were much easier.

nirmalsoni Thu, 06/21/2007 - 19:35

As far as i know BGP is the hardest of all to nail it has lot of fine details so i think u should try concentrating on it, i think there is a decent video tutorial with Trainsignal u can visit www.thebryantadvantage.com. After every failure u know what and where have u gone wrong,dont worry you would be a BSCI soon one day. i think u should consider taking those tuts and working on real simulators...

This Discussion