cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Security mgr 3.1 to manage non ssl/ssh aware routers

aacole
Level 5
Level 5

I've been tasked with installing CSM 3.1 to manage a network of routers and ASA's.

As its the first time I ever seen CSM I was quite pleased when I got the ASA's up and working without any problem. But when I come to add the routers although they are running 12.4 its IPbase which doesnt support SSH or SSL as far as I can see. And if I'm reading the CSM documentation correctly there is no way for CSM to support these devices as it has to use either SSL or SSH as its transport.

Is there a way around this, or do I have to upgrade all the routers I need to add to CSM to a security feature set? If so I'll blame the sales man!

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dradhika
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

You can change the admin settings page and give telnet to be used when connecting to the device.

I don't remember the exact page (as I am not in office currently could not check out the application), but its easy to figure out. Go to Tools -> Admin Settings -> Device Communication (I guess). There you will see a combo box for Router. Select Telnet instead of HTTPS and save the changes.

You will be able to import the routers too :)

HTT,

Radhika

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dradhika
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andy,

You can change the admin settings page and give telnet to be used when connecting to the device.

I don't remember the exact page (as I am not in office currently could not check out the application), but its easy to figure out. Go to Tools -> Admin Settings -> Device Communication (I guess). There you will see a combo box for Router. Select Telnet instead of HTTPS and save the changes.

You will be able to import the routers too :)

HTT,

Radhika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: