cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configure a 3825 with a vlan on the nm-esw-16 module

rrice
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new 3825 received last week and trying to get it set up for a demo on 6/25. I have the gig0/0 connected to my firewall and I want to create a VLAN for all devices on the other side of the router. I have followed cisco examples but they don't work. If I move to a standalone switch, it works fine. How do I configure this thing so it works properly? Are there any known problems with the module or vlans on this module?

1 Reply 1

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You might want to post the config , a lot people don't have viso that they can look at the attached file specially from home . should be something like this

router# vlan database -->hit enter, then enter vlan XX . exit out of vlan database, asign the ports in the hwic module to the vlan you want them in , "switchport access vlan xx . Create the layer 3 interface , conf t , interface vlan X , assign ip address and mask and no shut it . You will need at least 1 active device in that vlan attached to that hwic for the layer 3 interface to come active otherwise it will say up/down .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card