cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a Policy page before patron can use wireless

libtechs1950
Level 1
Level 1

How do I add a Policy page a customer has to accept before using the Internet.

7 Replies 7

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Do a Google search for "Captive Portal" - there are a variety of systems, some free, some are big bucks.

"nocat" is a fairly popular free (runs on Linux, I think, or BSD).

Cisco sells BBSM; captive portal is one of several things it'll do.

Good Luck

Scott

nocat is a bit dated. try monowall, pfsense or chilispot.

The bbsm as of 5.3 did not natively support the Cisco lightweight AP solution (lwapp) natively. It could be done, but to the results desired or utilization of bbsm features.

mhale
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using LWAPP than this feature is built into the controller. Security>Web Auth>Web Login Page. You can do a little Java Script to make the users accept the terms of use you have on the page.

Yes, but there is no way to do an unencrypted page, thus have an annoying cert error popup & delay or purchase a valid cert or create a cert & install root cert on clients browsers.

Also, the controller has only 30k of space, not much room for text or graphics.

I like the pfsense & monowall solutions because they provide for more flexibility and you can traffic shape there as well.

I push the wireless traffic through a pair of routers running glbp and then out to two pfsense portals running active-active. This provides for load balancing & failover

Just some minor clearifications.

You can do an unecrypted page by pointing to an external webserver using the controller. This also gets rid of the 1MB(not 30k) limitation on the controller.

is this with authenticated users only? or will it work with web pass-thru as well?

Per http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008076f974.shtml#t2

Clients still have to go through the virtual ip, thus getting prompted with the ssl popup, which without having a valid rootcert, is an annoyance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: