cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

part/model number?

islj
Level 1
Level 1

all my remote sites have a Cisco 2801 router with a T1 wic card connected back to a Cisco 7300 router. If possible, what i would like to do is install a ISND WIC card in the 2801 routers at the remote sites for backup. My question is does Cisco make a wic card or blade for the Cisco 7300 router, so that if the T1s go down at the remote site the router would switch over to the ISDN line. What parts or model numbers would i need to order? Some type of PRI/ISDN card for the 7300 and ISDN WIC card for the 2801 router.

thanks,

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The 7300 does not support ISDN. You will need and ISR router (smaller again is the 2801) for this.

The BRI card for the 2801 is WIC 1B-S/T-V3.

However the tendency today is to do backup via VPN over ADSL. In this case the card for the 2801 would be WIC-1ADSL, then with an IOS upgrade you can use the onboard VPN encryption module of the 2801.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

What about the 7200 router, does that support ISDN? Could i get a T1 card for my 7300 router and connect it back via isdn to my remote sites?

thanks,

Yes the 7200 has no problem with ISDN. The smaller card is PA-MCX-2TE1.

The 7300 does not support ISDN no matter the card installed. See:

http://cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps352/products_data_sheet09186a0080145f58.html

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate posts using the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: