cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

inability to read x6816 gbic

gmvburg23
Level 1
Level 1

have a 6509 that is unable to read this gbic module. shows as being powered down.

I am running in hybrid mode and attached a show module text file.

8 Replies 8

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

can you provide " show sys " and " show environment power ", it could be the card is not getting enough power from the switch power supplies.

Jorge Rodriguez

here you go as requested..

I thought that this was posted but did not..

you only have one power supply, I suspect the WS-CAC-2500W PS is not enough to power the additional blade you're installing, I could be wrong. For the sake of test, if blade 7 is not used, I would slightly pull blade from slot 7, and re-insert the 6148A in slot 6 to see if it comes online.

Jorge Rodriguez

I pulled all blades out excluding the SFM2 and the X6516 but it was still unreadable. I had a 6548 and 6148a in the chassis simultaneously and they both ran fine. Also, I have only one PS in another 6500 chassis that houses several blades including two x6516 with no problem.

did you try instlling the 6148a in the other 6500 chassis? if the blade don't come up in the other 6500 then you may have a faulty card.

Jorge Rodriguez

it works fine even in the 6509 chassis when I boot up from the linear flash card that has the code for the 6513 chassis.

Is the WS-X6816-GBIC even supported under CatOS?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card