cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add a bcc recipient in the recipient list

jack_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

I know I can use message filter to bcc a message but that would generate a separate email.

But I am looking to add an additional bcc recipient in the recipient list in the SAME message. Is it possible?

4 Replies 4

Jack,

If you wouldn't mind could you provide more clarity on your question. Are you basically saying that you want to do a bcc action but you don't want a new MID created?

Or are you saying that you actually want to add a recipient to the message (basically having them added to the To: header)?

Sincerely,

Jay Bivens
IronPort Systems

jack_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Jay,

I want to add a bcc recipient for all messages going through the IronPort.

Originally I was using LDAP group matching to bcc some mails based on their ObjectCategory in AD. But to be 100% (LDAP timout or any hiccups is not acceptable by my clients for regulatory reason and unfortuantely un-advoidable), I need to find an alternative way to retain Emails. But the goal is maintain just one emails hitting my Exchange servers. If I use bcc or bcc-scan I will get 2x messages hitting my Exchange servers!

Thanks,
Jack

Jack,

One more questions on my side, sorry for dragging this out.

Q: So how do you have the bcc implemented, message filters (CLI only) or Content Filters in E-mail Security Manager (withing the WebUI, by and large)?

Technically you should only get on message via bcc (with message filters) and the only reason to get 2x bcc messages would be if you sent a single message to two recipients (in two different E-mail Security Manager (ESM) policy) and you had a bcc Content Filter in both ESM policies.

Sincerely,

Jay Bivens
IronPort Systems

jack_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Message filter is what I am thinking about.

Jack