Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM TFTP Server redundancy

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Pros,

I understand via CCM SRND that we can have multiple TFTP servers configured in DHCP server for redundancy purposes. These servers can be part of same CCM cluster and if we are clustering over WAN, for IP phones having a CCM server near them can be configured as primary TFTP server via DHCP.

Now, I am facing a problem that if I configure IP phone with primary TFTP server other than Publisher (i.e. pointing to Subscriber server) it doesnt take up full configuration. (eg. directories URL stays empty and cannot access Corporate Directory).

As per SRND CCM Publisher should send configuration files to Subscriber servers. But in this case it doesnt seem to.

Is this default behaviour or I am hitting some bug. I am running CCM 4.1(2).

Also, is there any manual way of sending IP phone config files from Publisher to Subscriber servers.

Otherwise I am left with option to provide only Publisher IP address for TFTP field to IP phones.

Regards,

Pratik

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Pratik,

What phone load version and phones are in question ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Cisco CP7940G IP Phones, Firmware: P00308000400

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: