Views
Helpful
Replies

RE: WS-X6724-SFP System restart

merrikhipm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Last night our WS-X6724-SFP module that is installed in a Catalyst 6507 and acts as one of our backbones had supposedly experienced some problems. Two trys with module rest and one system reset was logged from our log server. At that time of night the cpu load would have probably been .0001 percent. I was wondering if anybody can help me with find out or give theories on what could have caused this.

The infos for the Module are:

Hardware Version: 2.5

Firmware Version: 12.2(14r)S5

Software Version: 12.2(18)SXF7

Diagnostic Errors: (none)

The log server provided this:

SNMP-5-MODULETRAP: Module 2 [Down] Trap

CPU_MONITOR-SP-3-TIMED_OUT: CPU_MONITOR messages have faild, resatting module [2/0]

OIR-SP-3-PWRCYCLE: Card in module 2, is being power-cycled off (Heartbeat Messages Not Received From Module)

C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 2 set off (Heartbeat Messages Not Received From Module)

SYS-CFC2-%-RESTART. System restarted --

and a copy from the periferal cisco devices gives this:

OperationallyDown::Component=PORT-bciscoa3.dwelle.de/1.1 [Upto

CB4211];Type=GIGABITETHERNET;OperStatus=DOWN;InterfaceCode=CODEUNKNOWN;DuplexMode=FULLDUPLEX;AdminStatus=UP;LastChangedAt=22-Jun-2007

5:00:14 AM;IsFlapping=false;MaxSpeed=1000000000;Mode=NORMAL;

CUSTOMER ID...

should I provide the config to?

The supervisor engine is a WS-SUP720-BASE

Thanks

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

The first recommendation is to reseat this module as in most cases it may be a transient failure which does not come back after reseat of the module.

I also think this incident was just a hiccup, thanks for the input. I was personalily under the impression that it was a IOS software problem, and that I had to update the image.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: