cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Functions on Device Center

joemurray
Level 1
Level 1

I have had to rename a server and have had to re-register all the components on a LMS2.6 CW. After all of this I am missing the Reports and Management Tasks on the Device Center for all devices. Has anyone seen this issue?

thanks,

Joe

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How did you re-register all apps? The Device Center components should have been re-registered at the same time provided the apps were registered correctly. I would also like to see a screenshot of this problem as this could be a PIDM issue rather than a CMIC registration issue.

During the rename we had some issues and a re-register had to happen...here is the script I used to re-register....and also attached is the screen shot of the Device Center.

# rm /opt/CSCOpx/objects/data/cmf/cmic/registry/record.db

# cd /opt/CSCOpx/objects/data/cmf/cmic/mst-templates

# foreach i (*.xml)

set urn = `basename ${i} .xml`

/opt/CSCOpx/jre/bin/java -cp

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/xerces.jar:/opt/CSCOpx/objects/log4j/1.1.3/log4j.jar:/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/MICE.jar:/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/shared/lib/NATIVE.jar:/opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/cmic.jar:/opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath:/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/webapps/cwhp/WEB-INF/classes

com.cisco.nm.cmf.cmic.registry.CMICApplicationRegistry ${urn} 0

register

end

That's my re-registration procedure, so that part looks fine. This doesn't appear to be an issue with CMIC, but rather an issue determining which applications are managing this device. During the hostname change procedure, you were supposed to run a database query to correct the PIDM data in the CMF database. Was this done?

The procedure is documented at http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/cs303/usrguide/diagnos.htm#wp1078582 in Step 8.

A sure fire test to see if this is the problem would be to delete one device from DCR, then re-add it, and see if the missing reports and dashboard details show up for this device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: