Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN between 1710 and 1841

nukeguzzle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to create a VPN tunnel between a 1710 at a branch and an 1841 at the core site. I've successfully done PIX to PIX VPN's(at a different company) but not yet with these 2 routers. The branch site is using DSL, and the DSL router is set to bridge mode. I am using PPP on the 1710, and this much is working as I am able to browse the web. In the past, I've used a netopia dsl device to provide the PPP, but my current modem(speedstream 4100) does not work in the same way. My configs are posted below. When I connect to PPPOE, the dialer interface pulls down an IP, which is the IP my ISP gave me for my gateway. Problem is I can't assign another one of my static IP's to one of my interfaces, and even using the dialer address as a peer isnt working at the moment. Everything in Quotes has been ommitted but all IP's have been verified

Configs are attached. Thanks

1 Reply 1

bob.bartlett
Level 1
Level 1

Can you post debugs from both the routers also you don't declare a transform-set in either of your IPSEC setups. The debug will help much if you don't mind sharing it. I would do the debugs separate do a "debug crypto isakmp" and if you get a phase 1 complete then do a "debug crypto ipsec"