Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing table comparision

khaderbasha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any tool to compare two routing table entries and report differences? Appreciate your response.

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

If you are talking about comparing a router configurations after the change, then tools like Cisco works, solarwinds cirrus manager,opsware can do that.

They archive the old configuration when a configuration chnage is made and then you can compare the differences for the entire running configuration and not only routes

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Hi Narayan,

Thanks for the reply. I want to compare routing table before and after migration, I want them to be same. I want to see all networks before and after migration. Any suitable tool for this funtion ?

Thanks.

You can do a show ip route (before and after), copy and paste onto notepad and download something like 'windiff' from the internet.

http://www.grigsoft.com/download-windiff.htm

Tried windiff, it compares two files sequentially:

For ex:

file1:

10.1.10.0/24

10.2.10.0/24

10.3.10.0/24

file2:

10.2.10.0/24

10.3.10.0/24

10.1.10.0/24

are two different files for windiff, but wrt routing both routing tables have same routing entries. I am looking for a tool which checks logically if same routes are present. Any additional help is appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card