Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling ILPOWER traps

cachaves
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Have not found any luck with documentation that indicates how to "turn off" trap notification for ILPOWER-5-IEEE msgs...

Can anyone point me to a guide, or perhaps might now which command to use to supress these?

My snmp trap config:

snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart

snmp-server enable traps vtp

snmp-server enable traps envmon fan shutdown supply temperature

snmp-server enable traps MAC-Notification

snmp-server enable traps config

snmp-server enable traps syslog

1 Reply 1

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

It sounds like you have syslog traps enabled, which is also indicated by the fact you have "snmp-server enable traps syslog" configured.

I think the best way to approach this would be to disable the ILPOWER-5-IEEE logging to the syslog, which you can do by putting the following command on the affected interface:

no logging event link-status

Alternatively, if you just want to disable the PoE messages, you can do that as follows:

To disable the inline power supply for a specifc interface then you can execute the following command

Use the power inline interface configuration command on the switch stack or on a

standalone switch to configure the power management mode on the Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports. Use the no form of this command to return to the default settings.

power inline {auto [max max-wattage] | never | static [max max-wattage]}

no power inline {auto | never | static}

Syntax Description

auto

Enable powered-device detection. If enough power is available, automatically allocate

power to the PoE port after device detection.

max max-wattage

(Optional) Limit the power allowed on the port. The range is 4000 to 15400 milliwatts. If

no value is specified, the maximum is allowed.

never

Disable device detection, and disable power to the port.

static

Enable powered-device detection. Pre-allocate (reserve) power for a port before the switch

discovers the powered device.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

-Joe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card