Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750 "lslss". file

chenbs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade a 3750 stack with three switches. One of the members has a

file called "lslss". Do you know what it is used for ?. If it remains, I will not have

enough space to load the advanced ip image.

Directory of flash2:/

2 -rwx 676 Mar 1 1993 00:02:45 +00:00 vlan.dat

3 -rwx 27 May 18 2007 16:39:00 +01:00 private-config.text

5 drwx 192 Mar 1 1993 00:05:47 +00:00 c3750-i9-mz.122-20.SE4

90 -rwx 4207100 Mar 1 1993 15:04:18 +00:00 lslss

91 -rwx 23545 May 18 2007 16:39:00 +01:00 config.text

Thanks

10 Replies 10

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Friend,

I did not see that file in any of our 3750 stack switches. Not sure where it came from.

Why don't you just remove the old image to upload the new one. That should free up space.

Is it necessary for you to have a both the images in flash?

Narayan

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. The existing image is only 192K. The lslss file needs to be removed because the new image will not fit in the flash as well. The new image is over 4MB. There is not enough space both th enew image and the lslss file.

Byron

Byron,

you are wrong.. the existing image is not 192K. Actually it is a directory and hence you need to look into the directory to get the image size.

all directories have a prefix of "d" along with rwx.

Try these commands which will let you know the exact size of the ur existing image. you can then remove this image and load the new one

switch#cd c3750-i9-mz.122-20.SE4

switch#dir all

Here you should find the image which will have a .bin extension mostly c3750-i9-mz.122-20.SE4.bin

type "pwd" to know the present working directory, to go back one step use "cd" something similar to windows cli

Have a look at this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805a64fb.html#wp1031474

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Hi,

I thank you for your help. However, I am not wrong. The directory that you see contains the existing image. The image that I wish to copy is the advanced ipservices image. It is not listed in the flash because it will not fit due to it's size. I have upgraded many switches, routers, firewalls, etc..

I understand that you are trying to help. I simply want to know what the aforementioned files is.

Thank you for your help :)

Hi Narayan,

You are right about the directory but the existing image is just as small.

I did not even look at your local time. I am very gratefull that you are trying to help even though it is so early in the morning.

Byron

Bryon,

Can you post the contents of the directory?

No IOS is as small as 192k

Narayan

Hi,

You are absolutely right. The lack of sleep is getting to me. I can delete the existing flash and load the new one. What would happen if I delete and replace the existing *.bin files with the new images from the stack members and reload without specifying an image to boot ?.

Hi,

I do not get the option to boot system switch all. I get the following:

Maidstone_Cat(config)#boot system ?

WORD pathlist of boot file(s) ... file1;file2;...

Maidstone_Cat(config)#boot system

Does this only happen after a tftp of ftp copy ?

The cat 3750 manual displays the following:

Switch(config)#boot system switch all flash:/

c3750-advipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEE2.bin

Switch(config)#exit

Switch#write memory

Step 5 - Verify Before the Reload

Thanks

Byron

Can I just delete the old images from the stack members and copy the new images ?.

What would happen if I just reload the entire stack without specifying the new image ?.

Byron

Byron,

Once you load the new image, all you have to do is add this command

booyt system flash:c3750-advipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEE2.bin

The switch always looks for a file in the flash and will boot the one which is present.

Have a look at these links for stack upgrades

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00804799d7.shtml

www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/upgrade_3750_stack.pdf

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco