Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5350 ISDN voice problem

Hi all, i have AS5350 connect to PSTN by E1 line. E1 line connect to port 3/3 on AS5350. I config it to work as voice gateway. I can call from PSTN to voicegateway. But when i call from voicegateway to PSTN i get some problem,

I used command "debug isdn cc" and error is write in attached file.

I sure that the number i called is still available.

See my attached file:

- config file

- error file

Any one can help me to solve this problem

Thanks alot.

Will vote 5* for you

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

can you include "debug isdn q931" for the failed call please.

Hi, this is output after debug isdn q931 is on

and i call to number 1546

----

GW#csim start 91546

csim: called number = 91546, loop count = 1 ping count = 0

csim err csimDisconnected recvd DISC cid(63)

csim err csimTimeOut t.o while disconnecting cid(63)

csim: loop = 1, failed = 1

csim: call attempted = 1, setup failed = 1, tone failed = 0

----

E1 Line connect is ok because i can call from PSTN to gateway.

Hope you can help

Thanks first

Hello, I'm afraid that you didn't turned on "term mon" before "debug isdn q931", because no information is visible.

Oh, sorry. I telnet to gateway, but forgot turn on terminal monitor

I write error in attached file after turned on debug isdn q931 and turn on terminal monitor.

Thanks first.

Hello,

1st, you are calling 5146, that seems too short to be a valid PSTN number.

However, by the error reported, it seems that you are not allowed to place calls, pls check with telco if you are.

I sure that this number is correct.

I can call from PSTN to IP phone via this ISDN line.

But i "show ip int brief" and only channel D is up, other channel is down, is it normal? ( show in error2.txt)

When i call from PSTN to IP Phone, 1 channel B is up (show in error3.txt)

Any thing wrong?

Hi,

The output of "show ip in brief" is normal. Line protocol will never go up for B channel, because it is not a data call.

Now when calling out, you receive "requested channel not available" error, this can be an indication the PRI has been configured by telco only for incoming and not outgoing.

You can try configuring "isdn negotiate-bchan, see documentation, but I never seen the need for this in my experience.

Also, are you sure that all channels are bidirectional in you telco contract ? csim commands may use lower channels while if you do the call via ip/phone dial-peer, it should select an higher channel for outgoing.

Any one have other idea?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: