Router Simulations

Unanswered Question
Jun 23rd, 2007
User Badges:

Hello All,

I will take the full CCNA exam in just a few days. So I am trying to go over everything I'm even dreaming in switch and router configurations now. I think I?ve now even segmented my head into different broadcasting domains.

Can some body please give me a quick heads up if possible if this is allowed etc What tasks have people encountered in the sims. Applying access lists to VTY lines? Configuring NAT and PAT? Setting up ISDN circuits with spids and dialler strings.

In general are the sims quite complex or more or like setting up a routing protocol or diagnosing an IP bad configuration?

Also I was reading in one of the posts that we get 300 possible marks just for showing up? Is this correct. That would make a total passing mark 78%. If somebody could share some light that would be great as it seems I?m reading conflicting information all over the place.

Kind Regards

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Patrick Laidlaw Sun, 06/24/2007 - 08:12
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Jason,

Sounds like you have been doing your Home work. I highly doubt you'll spend a lot of time doing nat & pat configurations or ISDN.

It's been quite few years since I've taken the CCNA so I couldn't tell you for sure what how complex the sims will be.

When finishing up my CCNP a couple of years they were just starting to but the sims into the tests. Those were fairly easy sims at the time, I 'm sure now that there going to only test you in a rudimentary way on any sims.

Patrick

jlhainy Mon, 06/25/2007 - 04:41
User Badges:

I still wouldn't count it out though. I remember having questions in both areas when I did the CCNA. You just never know what will be thrown at you.

mark.j.hodge Sun, 06/24/2007 - 09:11
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Having just passed, I got an access-list sim and an interesting combination of multiple choice and sim question where the answers were determined from show commands.

Stange but true, the exam is on a scale of 300 - 1000, the pass mark on mine was 849, but this might vary with different exam permetations.

jasonnzcisco Mon, 06/25/2007 - 04:33
User Badges:

Thanks for your comments their greatly appreciated.

How often do people see questions regarding cabling appear etc

Do wee need to know

802.3z 1000-Bzx Star 1000mbs/Full/Fiber 100k

Versus

802.3z 1000-Bcx Star 1000mbs/Full/copper 25m

Versus

802.3z 1000-Bsx Star 1000mbs/Full/Laser MMF 270/550 or 62.5/50

I find this information to be very cumbersome to try and remember

Actions

This Discussion