cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

crashinfo

bowser
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble with a 6509 reloading after installing 48 port 10/100 blade.

The switch is writing a crashinfo file, but I'm unable to read. I've tried txt, rtf etc.... What am I missing here?

I'll rate any helpful posts.

thanks

8 Replies 8

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you running CatOS or Native IOS ?

When a crashinfo is available in boot Flash, this appears at the end of the show stack command output.

You can also type

Router#more bootflash:[crashinfo_file]

I should have said, it's running CatOS

Neeraj Arora
Level 3
Level 3

If you are still facing issues with crashinfo file, then you can also try copying the crashinfo file over to a TFTP server and then open it using "wordpad" or any browser like internet explorer or Netscape

I have another link for "Retrieving Information from the Crashinfo File" but this document is for IOS (still it might help):

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/63/crashinfo.html

I've tried opening with wordpad. The file is actually in hex, rather than ASCII.

Both methods for IOS dont work with CatOS, the more command and show stack aren't supported.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Hi,

On CatOS, you can do "4003-X (enable) show file ".

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

I did a double checking on my 6500s, and i think that you need to access the MSFC (since you are running hybrid mode, you can use "session 15" command), and issue "more bootflash:" to read the crash file.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

chhavi.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If an IPS modukle in an ASA crashed, how do we get to the root cause of it. Does IPS generate a crash file like ASA? If Yes, how do we get it?

Thanks

Chhavi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: