CCIE R&S Written Exam

Unanswered Question
Jun 24th, 2007

Hi All,

For CCIE R&S written exam, Cisco has mentioned "Cisco LAN Switching (CCIE Professional Development series)By Kennedy Clark, Kevin Hamilton.

Published: Aug 1999" in the book list. Is this the only book available for LAN switching. Is there any other book available for LAN switching. I am preparing for CCIE R&S new version.

Regards,

K

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
srue Mon, 06/25/2007 - 04:33

I just took/passed the recently expired written, and the only two references I used for switching were the R/S Exam cert guide and my CCNP switching book. Those proved sufficient.

You can also search CCO for things like STP troubleshooting, RSTP, etc. There are some good concise documents out there for those.

I've heard recommendations for the LAN Switching book also, but it's outdatedness scares me a little. yes, I know STP is STP....but like I said, the books I used were sufficient.

Wilson Samuel Mon, 06/25/2007 - 04:48

Hi Srue,

I'm preparing for the CCIE RnS Written, please guide me regarding Routing what kinda depth the exam goes into?

Are there simulations? Moreover are there questions from OSI Ref model also? What all books did you refer to preparation of the exam?

Please guide,

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

nileshrprabhu Mon, 06/25/2007 - 04:54

HI..NEBODY WHO HAS TAKEN THE RECENT RnS Written Exam.. please guide me..i m refering Mr Doyels prints

srue Mon, 06/25/2007 - 06:12

this, again, is for the recently expired version...but here's what i used:

ccie r/s cert exam guide 2nd ed.

my CCNP books for both routing and switching.

I had also completed the QoS exam right before this one, so that helped as well. plus I have already passed the Security written.

the R/S cert exam guide has a chapter on MPLS and on the CDROM a chapter on IPv6 if i remember correctly.

There are no simulations on any ccie written exam. that doesn't mean you dont' have to know how to configure something, you definitely do.

In addition, you should search CCO for more information on route-maps, policy based routing, and troubleshooting STP and RTSP and the TCN process.

Wilson Samuel Mon, 06/25/2007 - 06:30

Thanks Srue,

I have had been going through the Preperations for sometime now however never felt to take it bit seriously as I thought it would be too tough, however after going through the TCP/IP vol 1. and 2 I guess its not that tough.. (I have thus far had CCDP, CCNP and a few CQS certs.)

So, pushing hard now on IE.

I have had 642-642 in my radar however dropped it after I thought it might not be quite helpful, now I guess I will take it back.

Also, I shall reveiew everything with Routing And Switching from the CCNP aspect, also the new things that have been addded i.e. MPLS and IPnG.

I'm planning the attempt somewhere in Aug.

Thanks once again...

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Actions

This Discussion