Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC-1T Performance

Hi,

can anybody tell me how many pps can support a WIC-1T?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Linerate at any packet size. If any limitation, will be in the router, not the wic card.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I have a 2800 series router and the linerate is 1984 Kbps.

The router can support up to 120,000 pps with CEF enable, but I can see that "Total output drops" increments when the "output pps" is around 350 pps and "output rate" is more below the linerate.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks!

Hi,

The output rate by default is measured in 5 minutes interval so cannot be used as an indication for traffic peaks.

If you have 350 pps and a large average packet size, say 1200 Byes, you are already at 3.5 Mbps approx: 350 x 1200 x 8 = 3,360,000.

To measure traffic more reliable use a network monitoring application with a polling interval of say, 15 sec.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Meaning, you don't need a lot of PPS to fill the bandwidth. PPS theoretical performance is usually measured for 64 byte packets. Even with such small packets your WIC would generate 4000 PPS at most. Practically this value will never be reached.

If you're having problems with the line, try troubleshooting serial connection instead

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a758d.shtml

Check the router's log and it's performance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card