cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot make calls over Inter cluster trunk between 4.2(3) and 3.3 versions

Amith Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CCM 4.2(3) and we are having problems making calls over inter-cluster trunk with an other CCM 3.3 version. Route pattern is configured and ICT settings looks fine. Device Pool and Region configuration also looks good. When I dial the number, after all the digits are dialed I get the message "Your call cannot be completed as dialed"

Calling party cluster has three call managers and called party cluster has two call managers. The inter cluster trunk has all of the IP addresses listed in its ICT configuration.

Kindly let me know if there are any known interoperability issues with these versions or any configuration issues

Thanks

Amith

3 Replies 3

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have not done any ICT with different CCM versions before, but I have faced a couple of problems in the past with ICT. Maybe it could help:

1. It could be the firewall blocking the IP traffic thus causing the ICT call to fail. Check the FW logs to see if packets are being blocked.

2. Check the phone is registered to which CCM, ensure that the ICT configured has that CCM's IP address.

3. Conflicting Route Patterns or Translation Pattern that may cause the call to fail. Try adding a different Route Pattern which doesn't conflict with any other. May sure you configure that number in a phone on the other CCM.

4. Check the CSS on the ICT, ensure that it can reach the directory number you are calling from the other end. Try configuring that CSS on a phone and calling that number.

5. If all else fail, delete both ICT on both ends, delete the route patterns and add them all back again.

Sorry for the long post.

HTH,

Eugene

Hi Eugene,

1. The CCMs are not behind any firewalls. They are within company's internal network.

2. Yes, I have confirmed this.

3. We have default Partitions/CSS. we are not using any partitions/CSS.

4. No CSS configured.

5.I will try the last option. Anywayz, thank you very much for all the efforts.

I will let you know the outcome shortly.

Regards,

Amith

Hi,

I think not having any CSS or Partitions would not be advisable.

Maybe you can just add one partition and one calling search space with that partition and apply it to one phone on each ccm. Also configure the ICT with that CSS. Just a test. If it works, you may have to use BAT to configure all phones to that CSS and partition.

Cisco says that: Any device making a call can explicitly reach any dial plan entry that is left in the partition. To avoid unexpected results, Cisco recommends that you do not leave dial plan entries in the partition.

Taken from:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edaab.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: