Views
Helpful
Replies

Set up auto transfer/forward after a message

prasad.manju
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got a request from one of the departments that their department number is getting changed in next week. It is bit impossible to circulate the new number to everyone across the Globe as it is a service desk number.

My requirement is if someone calls the old number, people need to hear the message as "this number is changed and the new number is xxxxxx". After people listen this number, it should be diverted automatically to the new number.

Can you please suggest the best solution to meet my requirement? Possible, try to give me the steps in detail.

Many thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have done this before, it works. lets see if i can remember the configuration steps:

Scenario, old ext. is 1000, new ext. is 3000.

1. In CCM, configure extension 1000 to forward all to voicemail.

2. In Unity, go to subscriber with extension 1000. Select greetings, configure the options to record using a particular phone extension. Record the greeting "this number is changed... new number is 3000".

3. Somewhere in the subscriber setting, there is this option, after greeting, select forward to subscriber after greeting. Select the subscriber 3000. Do not choose the option "take message after greeting"

4. In Unity, open the subscriber with extension 3000, Go to Call Transfer. Select "Yes, ring subscriber's extension"

Walah... If I'm not wrong, it should work. Call 1000, forward to voicemail. Plays greeting. After greeting, don't take message, forward to subscriber 3000, which calls the extension 3000 instead of going to greeting.

HTH,

Eugene

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: