cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA pop-up message disable

joshrockvm
Level 1
Level 1

I need to disable pop-ups that DO NOT require interaction from the user. Where is this located?

7 Replies 7

joshrockvm
Level 1
Level 1

This will solve the pop-ups for blocks but what about queries? I still need the user to have the ability to answer a query.

The only way I've seen to do this (other than registry mods) is to not run okclient.exe.

No CSA flag in the system tray but users still get queries for rules that use them.

The shortcut is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

Priveon Blog has a nice selection of articles on CSA:

http://blog.priveonlabs.com/sec_blog.php?cat=15

Tom

Tom,

You were holding out on us. (Just kidding!)

Thanks for the link to a very informative blog.

This blog rates a 5 from us techies here on the East Coast.

Cheers!

Paul

Thanks Paul..

East Coast is where I'm from (Cocoa Beach, Florida) and I want to be there again...

I jealous and tired of the rain....

Tom

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Josh,

If you want to turn off pop up message on the client, then right click on the red flag agent flag at the right corner of your computer screen), you will see the option : "Disable balloon messages". Click on that option.

Or

You can disable them directly on the registry key of the client.

This will disable balloon popups:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Okena\Cisco Security Agent\

key="BalloonPopupsDisabled"=dword:00000001

Hope that helps !

Regards,

~JG

Note : If that helps then please mark this thread as resolved, so that others can benefit from it.

That is helpful but I need to do it globally from the MC if that is possible.

Hi ,

The document linked below describes how to limit user interaction with the Agent by disabling the "Agent UI control" rule.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/security/csa/csa50/install_guide/AppexA.html

It says: " If the Agent UI control rule is not present (available on Windows and Linux only)

for the system group, no agent UI appears on the end user system."

If you choose to enable this rule, you can still fine tune the level of interaction available to the user.

Regards,

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: