Passed INTRO - Any tips for ICND?

Unanswered Question
Jun 25th, 2007

I took INTRO this past Friday, and did pretty well on it (900 / 1000). Now I'm starting to study the ICND materials, and wanted to get some general feedback on how the ICND exam might weight topics versus the full CCNA exam. I'm assuming that the ICND will focus more on the materials just from that portion of the class, and not deal with a lot of the topics that I was studying for the INTRO exam (i.e. DSL, cabling, etc.). I would expect to see some of the INTRO concepts on the exam, but more related to the specific topics of the ICND book.

What's been the experience of those who have taken the 2 test approach? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks again!

Aaron

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

My advice is not to get over confident. The INTRO is a walk in the park compared to the ICND test. The ICND kicked my butt the first time, took to long to read and understand the questions, and literally ran out of time on the test. I attribute it mainly to being over confident as a result of the INTRO test. With the INTRO I pulled a 947 and finished with 20 minutes to spare. The ICND was an eye opener.

jnatt Tue, 06/26/2007 - 10:00

I agree do not get over confident. The material is different than the basics of subnetting and concepts. You will see repeat of some types of questions and the sims are difficult so read and budget. You also need a higher baseline than on the INTRO.

But Congrats on passing the INTRO.

atbreen14217 Tue, 06/26/2007 - 10:47

Thanks for the input. I'm definiately not overconfident because I did as well as I did on the INTRO test. To be honest, I wasn't sure that I did very well on it at all. With that being said, I'm taking the same approach to studying my ICND that I did with my INTRO, only that I'm going to focus a lot on some of the lab work via the simulators that I have.

If anyone can give me any other tips, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Aaron

Actions

This Discussion