I am trying to use ciscoworks (LMS2.5.1 running on windows 2003) to deploy software images. For now i am trying 3750 switches.
I am having problems with TFTP from the switch to the CiscoWorks server: when the switch is trying to backup its old image by putting it on the CW server, I get a permission denied error. After that, CW still erases the flash on the switch, but the job fails.
I tried the following scenarios manually between the switch and the TFTP server on the Ciscoworks box:
1. Get any file from the TFTP root directory: successful
2. Put a new file on the TFTP root dir: failed -- permission denied
3. Put a file that already exists on the TFTP root dir (overwrite it): Successful
I have two questions:
1. is there a setting I should be doing to the TFTP server to enable writing a new file in the root dir?
2. why is the CW server erasing the flash on the switch despite the job failure?