cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Filter - Toll by Pass

ROY SPIRK
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up Toll by pass for a customer and after creating a route filter for the Toll by pass, I am finding that the calls are going out the local gateway when dialing 9 + 10 digits. When dialing 9 + 1 and 10 digits, the call is going through the route filter and being routed to the desired Gateway to save on toll charges. Does anyone have a reason this occurs? How do I fix it so that if they dial with or without the 1 the call will still go through the toll by pass route filter.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not that I am aware of. I ran into the same issue, and basically you are correct, if you are looking to program toll bypass for both 10 digit and 11 digit dialing you will have to double up on your clauses.

What makes things even more difficult is the fact that each filter has a max of 1024 characters.

If you want to ensure your users can't dial 10-10-XXX then you also have to include transit-network-escape does-not-exist. This takes up even more room.

As an aside, if you haven't already seen it, take a look at www.localcallingguide.com. It lists local area codes and exchanges and also lists all local calling areacodes and exchanges for a particular calling area.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

The 'area code' in 10 digit dialing and 11 digit dialing are different.

When you use "area-code" it's the one with 11 digits. To make 10 digit filters work, you need to use "local-area-code".

This should fix things up for you.

Let us know how that goes.

That addresses the inital issue but now I would like to know if their is a way to address this for 10 and 11 digit dialing without doubling the length of the route filter.

It appears to me that I need to create a clause for AREA CODE and then a new clause for LOCAL AREA CODE.

Not that I am aware of. I ran into the same issue, and basically you are correct, if you are looking to program toll bypass for both 10 digit and 11 digit dialing you will have to double up on your clauses.

What makes things even more difficult is the fact that each filter has a max of 1024 characters.

If you want to ensure your users can't dial 10-10-XXX then you also have to include transit-network-escape does-not-exist. This takes up even more room.

As an aside, if you haven't already seen it, take a look at www.localcallingguide.com. It lists local area codes and exchanges and also lists all local calling areacodes and exchanges for a particular calling area.

Thank you for your help. I beleive I have everything I need.

I had used the localcallingguide.com and have found it very useful when setting up toll by pass. I usually run into the limitation on the route filter and have to create multiple route filters just to add all the local office codes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: