cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME 4.0.3 Caller hears ring when Call Parked

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have had several customers "complain" with the fact that: when a call is parked in CCME, the caller hears a ring. This becomes confusing for some customers when they call in. Is there a way to disable this behavior?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

have you tried to listen to this yourself ? Which version of IOS are theu using?

I have not configured call park myself, but from logic I think the parked caller should hear music on hold, or the faint "beep-beep" if MOH is not configured.

It is 12.4.4(XC) and I have heard it myself at two different installations. (CME 4.0.3). you hear the ring right as you're being parked and right before the person picks it up.

So is not a continuous ringback ?

What do you hear between these ringbacks ?

It seems reasonable to me that you hear a ringback when parked and when going out as an advice the call is being treated in some special way.

In between, it is just MOH as expected. And I understand the reasoning too. However, CCM does not do it and I have had two customers with real issues because the callers "get confused" (one customer is a brokerage house).

So I'm looking to see if there is a way to disable the ring-back.

Hello,

I can agree the ringback before getting MOH is opinable.

But the ringback before getting connected, I think it makes a lot of sense. I've heard it many times when calling customer service for many companies.

I think the meaning is, if you are on speakerphone doing something else, pick up now, as you're being connected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: