cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME 4.0.3 Caller hears ring when Call Parked

mmertens
Level 1
Level 1

I have had several customers "complain" with the fact that: when a call is parked in CCME, the caller hears a ring. This becomes confusing for some customers when they call in. Is there a way to disable this behavior?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

have you tried to listen to this yourself ? Which version of IOS are theu using?

I have not configured call park myself, but from logic I think the parked caller should hear music on hold, or the faint "beep-beep" if MOH is not configured.

It is 12.4.4(XC) and I have heard it myself at two different installations. (CME 4.0.3). you hear the ring right as you're being parked and right before the person picks it up.

So is not a continuous ringback ?

What do you hear between these ringbacks ?

It seems reasonable to me that you hear a ringback when parked and when going out as an advice the call is being treated in some special way.

In between, it is just MOH as expected. And I understand the reasoning too. However, CCM does not do it and I have had two customers with real issues because the callers "get confused" (one customer is a brokerage house).

So I'm looking to see if there is a way to disable the ring-back.

Hello,

I can agree the ringback before getting MOH is opinable.

But the ringback before getting connected, I think it makes a lot of sense. I've heard it many times when calling customer service for many companies.

I think the meaning is, if you are on speakerphone doing something else, pick up now, as you're being connected.