Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN High Available

cassio.gomes
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a DMVPN scenario, and it works very fine. Now I would like to put a new Hub router, as backup, and between HUB1 and HUB2, I have configured HSRP and the spokes routers connect in the Virtual IP Address.

After this configuration, the vpn goes down.

So I need help to solve this issue in this scenario, DMVPN with primary and secondary HUB.

Best Regards,

CLRGomes

5 Replies 5

Thanks, but these links don't solve my problem.

I would like to configure HSRP between the HUB routers.

CLRGomes

Hello Cassio,

Do you need HSRP on the outside interfaces?

And do you insist to keep them to use this?

What if you try to implement this:

Dynamic Multipoint IPsec VPNs (Using Multipoint GRE/NHRP to Scale IPsec VPNs)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/technologies_white_paper09186a008018983e.shtml#dualhubsingle

HTH

// Roland

Hello Roland,

I need to configure HSRP between two HUBs routers. The virtual IP is the gateway to spokes routers connect. The two HUBs routers is configured with Fastethernet interface, and there is a firewall first. With one hub, it works very fine, when I configure HSRP, the vpn goes down and I have a error.

Thanks

CLRGomes

gearnsc
Level 1
Level 1

The easist way to set this up would be two DMVPN networks with two hubs and each spoke having two tunnel interfaces. You wouldn't have HSRP functionality but you could weight a routing protocol to favor one hub over the other. While not as easy as HSRP to setup you could reuse much of the existing configuration, changing only the IP addresses and Tunnel Interface numbers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: