Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 8.0 - SSL VPN - Citrix Plugin

paulomv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone knows where I can find the Zip file from Cisco that contains the tools to create the ica jar file so I can have Citrix client access on my SSL clientless?

On ASDM 6 help I have the following:

Creating and Installing the Citrix Plug-in

Create and install the Citrix plug-in, as follows:

1. Install a Java Development Kit (JDK) Version 1.5.0_8 on a Linux server.

Note Follow each of the remaining steps except for the last on this Linux server.

2. Create a directory to store the plug-in to be created later in these instructions. For example,

mkdir plugins

3. Create a subdirectory to store files specific to the plug-in to be built. For example,

mkdir plugins/ica

4. Download the Citrix Presentation Server Client file to the plugins/ica subdirectory.

Note At the time of publication of this document, Citrix provided it for download on http://www.citrix.com at the following path: Download > Clients.

5. Unpack the following files from the Citrix Presentation Server Client file into the plugins/ica subdirectory:

JICA-configN.jar

JICA-coreN.jar

6. Download the zip file containing the machine instructions needed to generate a Citrix plug-in for the security appliance, from the Cisco web site to the plugins/ica subdirectory, and extract the files.

The following files extract from the zip file:

desktop.html

icon.gif

lib.js

manifest.xml

Cisco customized these files for use with the Citrix plug-in.

After you build the Citrix plug-in and import it to the security appliance, and the remote browser downloads it, the portal page displays the icon.gif image. The user clicks the image to establish a connection with a Citrix server.

The plug-in incorporates the image in the icon.gif file, so following the generation of the plug-in, you need to import only the plug-in to the security appliance.

7. Enter the following command from the plugins/ica subdirectory to create the Citrix plug-in and insert it into the plugins directory:

/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_08/bin/jar cvf ../ica-plugin.jar *

8. Make sure a TFTP or FTP server is running on the Linux host on which you built the plug-in before continuing.

9. Establish an ASDM session with the security appliance, choose Config > Remote Access VPN > Clientless SSL VPN Access > Portal > Config Object Management > Client-Server Plug-in > Import, and use the descriptions below to enter the field values.

My doubt is where to find the so called Zip file from Cisco.

Thanks in advance

Paulo Vasconcelos

4 Replies 4

kcolo
Level 1
Level 1

I too, would like to know where the mysterious "zip file" mentioned in the ASA online documentation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008070425b.html#wp1168813

"Step 6 Download the zip file containing the machine instructions needed to generate a Citrix plug-in for the security appliance, from the Cisco web site to the plugins/ica subdirectory, and extract the files."

Due to the bug CSCsj29534 - its not posted on CCO.

IT will be posted once the bug is fixed.

Thanks

Gilbert

jtphilies
Level 1
Level 1

Paulo, i hope i can ease your pain.

I beleive this is what your are talking about

http://www.citrix.com/English/SS/downloads/details.asp?dID=2755&downloadID=20731&pID=186

Also is there any reasons why you are wanting to go with the plugin?

Pls rate

Hi jtphilies,

This matter is solved a long time ago. You can see by the time of the post it is one year old.

In the meantime I was able to get that plugin.

Thanks anyway

Paulo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: