Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 8.0 - SSL VPN - Citrix Plugin

paulomv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Anyone knows where I can find the Zip file from Cisco that contains the tools to create the ica jar file so I can have Citrix client access on my SSL clientless?

On ASDM 6 help I have the following:

Creating and Installing the Citrix Plug-in

Create and install the Citrix plug-in, as follows:

1. Install a Java Development Kit (JDK) Version 1.5.0_8 on a Linux server.

Note Follow each of the remaining steps except for the last on this Linux server.

2. Create a directory to store the plug-in to be created later in these instructions. For example,

mkdir plugins

3. Create a subdirectory to store files specific to the plug-in to be built. For example,

mkdir plugins/ica

4. Download the Citrix Presentation Server Client file to the plugins/ica subdirectory.

Note At the time of publication of this document, Citrix provided it for download on http://www.citrix.com at the following path: Download > Clients.

5. Unpack the following files from the Citrix Presentation Server Client file into the plugins/ica subdirectory:

JICA-configN.jar

JICA-coreN.jar

6. Download the zip file containing the machine instructions needed to generate a Citrix plug-in for the security appliance, from the Cisco web site to the plugins/ica subdirectory, and extract the files.

The following files extract from the zip file:

desktop.html

icon.gif

lib.js

manifest.xml

Cisco customized these files for use with the Citrix plug-in.

After you build the Citrix plug-in and import it to the security appliance, and the remote browser downloads it, the portal page displays the icon.gif image. The user clicks the image to establish a connection with a Citrix server.

The plug-in incorporates the image in the icon.gif file, so following the generation of the plug-in, you need to import only the plug-in to the security appliance.

7. Enter the following command from the plugins/ica subdirectory to create the Citrix plug-in and insert it into the plugins directory:

/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_08/bin/jar cvf ../ica-plugin.jar *

8. Make sure a TFTP or FTP server is running on the Linux host on which you built the plug-in before continuing.

9. Establish an ASDM session with the security appliance, choose Config > Remote Access VPN > Clientless SSL VPN Access > Portal > Config Object Management > Client-Server Plug-in > Import, and use the descriptions below to enter the field values.

My doubt is where to find the so called Zip file from Cisco.

Thanks in advance

Paulo Vasconcelos

4 Replies 4

kcolo
Level 1
Level 1

I too, would like to know where the mysterious "zip file" mentioned in the ASA online documentation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008070425b.html#wp1168813

"Step 6 Download the zip file containing the machine instructions needed to generate a Citrix plug-in for the security appliance, from the Cisco web site to the plugins/ica subdirectory, and extract the files."

Due to the bug CSCsj29534 - its not posted on CCO.

IT will be posted once the bug is fixed.

Thanks

Gilbert

jtphilies
Level 1
Level 1

Paulo, i hope i can ease your pain.

I beleive this is what your are talking about

http://www.citrix.com/English/SS/downloads/details.asp?dID=2755&downloadID=20731&pID=186

Also is there any reasons why you are wanting to go with the plugin?

Pls rate

Hi jtphilies,

This matter is solved a long time ago. You can see by the time of the post it is one year old.

In the meantime I was able to get that plugin.

Thanks anyway

Paulo