cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO 4.2(2) reply function not working

pcook0478
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running VMO 4.2(2) on both XP Pro with Office 2003 as well as Vista Ultimate with Office 07. The overall program is working well with being able to use email to listen to voice messages. Hoever, I am only able to forward a voicemail within Outlook and not reply to it. Is there a way to make this work again? It did work with older version of VMO

7 Replies 7

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

This is working on Windows XP with Office 2003. We have not tested with Vista yet. Are you by any chance attempting to reply to an external voice message that was sent from the Unity_servername mailbox? This will not work. You will have to forward these messages to others. You can reply to another Unity subscriber's voice message.

Ginger

This is a message being sent by an internal Unity subscriber. The older version worked to reply but the newest we have 4.2(2) does not work on either OS

Hi,

According to this doc, http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cuclientmtx.html#wp43514

Vista requires Unity 5.0(1) and VMO 5.0(1).

What version of Unity do you have? And the version of XP, is it XP SP2?

When you say that reply doesn't work, is it that you click the Reply button, and the Media Master control doesn't let you record a message?

Nancy

I will have to get the newer version then for my Vista machine. The XP boxes do have SP2 on them.

What I am trying to do, which we have been able to do in the past, is when we receive the email within Outlook and listen to it we were able to click reply in the email and type a response to the caller. Then a normal send as if sending a regular old email. With version 4.2(2) it simply does nothing. I am able to do a forward of the message but I need the functionality of the reply button to be working.

Hi,

I'm not seeing any problems with the Reply button on a Windows XP SP2 computer that I setup with Outlook 2003 and VMO 4.2(2). The only thing that I can think to do is to uninstall VMO via Add/Remove Programs. Then reinstall it. Try this on one computer running XP and see what happens.

Nancy

Could you give us more detail as to exactly what happens?

1. Are you replying to a voice mail message? If so does the voice mail appear as a voice mail message in Outlook, or does it appear as an email with a .wav attatchment that you have to use your sound player to play back?

2. Are you replying to an email message?

3. Are you replying by hitting "reply" or "reply with voice"?

4. What speciffically happens when you hit reply, does a new message form open up or does hitting reply have no affect at all?

5. If a new message form opens are you able to record a reply or add text to the body?

6. If so does it fail when you hit send?

1. I am replying to a voice message. It appears in Outlook with the playback button which rings the phone, plays through the pc speakers, or the option of double clicking the .wav file and listening to it through media player and the pc speakers.

2. I am opening the email which shows the playback and voicemail.

3. I am clicking on reply just as if it were an email message. This was working with previous versions of VMO

4. When I click reply nothing happens at all.

5. With previous versions of VMO the reply allowed us to type a response to the caller who left the voicemail message as if it were simply an email.

6. Unable to get to the testing stage of sending since the reply function is not working. Forward function does work and that sends normally, just not reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: