Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch 2950 password

akramksajed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All

I configured cisco S/W 2950-24ports and changed the default ip from 10.0.0.1 to 10.10.1.12, now i want to manage the switch from explore by pointing to this new IP. it prompt for level 15 user name and password. can any one let me know what is the default user name and passwor for the switch

appreciate your reply

4 Replies 4

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

There is no default username and password for 2950 swithces.

You can reset the password based on the following procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

bye

FCS

Please rate me if I helped.

FCS,

I believe the newer Cisco equipment comes preconfigured from factory with a local username/password combination of cisco/cisco. I don't know that's the case here. If it isn't then password recovery is the only option.

HTH

Sundar

Sundar,

You are totally right, but this is an 2950 switch.

Default passwords can be:

Cisco/Cisco

cisco/cisco

as Sundar wrote.

bye

FCS

Please rate me if I helped.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

there is no default username and password on a 2950 it would have been specifically configured on the 2950 by someone . Some devices like the 2800 series do come with a username and paswword on it , haven't figured out the point of that right out of the box and its cisco/cisco . You will probably have to do a password recovery if you can't figure it out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card