Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Iron Port with 4500

Hi,

I am planning on deploying URL filtering with the assistance of an Iron Port Sever, however I have not been able to identify the correct way of configuring my 4500 for having all the traffic redirected to the Iron Port Server, I was told that this can be done by using WCCP but I have no idea about whether or not URL filtering will work the WCCP and, if so, how do I have to configure this feature on my cat4500 any help is appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

j.lipsett
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Carlos

We do URL filtering but in a diffrent way. Our client use MS explorer and within explorer we configure the client to go via a proxy server which would be your Iron Port. this way all client accsessing HTTP/HTTPS must go via our proxy.

Hope this helps

John

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Carlos,

I am not sure if WCCP would help you in this case. I have seen people deploying the Websense URL filtering server connected to the 4500 with the switchports configured as the SPAN destination port where the server is connected. Try configuring the port mirroring for the entire vlan traffic on the switch and it should help.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/12_2_37s/config/span.htm

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Hi Amit,

I will give it a try on Friday afternoon and will let you know,

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card