cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I just need a quick poll here

lhewlett
Level 1
Level 1

I'm debating to upgrading to 4.1.171 but 4.0.206 is so stable. Cisco asked me not to I guess due to bugs but to do some cool things like RFID (Aeroscout exciters, etc..)I will need to upgrade.

What do you think?

6 Replies 6

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Ditto what Rob said. The 4.1.171 is fine on our controllers, but on WCS, I can no longer see clients. fortunately, I can still pull clients per ssid (per controller) via snmp in Cacti.

I am curious on what you are doing with the rfid

stuff. We are considering dipping into the rfid world, but we need an active & passive solution.

I'm looking into Aeroscout since this was the vendor of choice back in the old Airespace days.

They are the ones pushing for the 4.1 code in order for their exciters, and other tags to work. I'm not buying it just yet...since going from a stable environment to possibly an unstable one doesn't look appealing.

Quick question: Have you upgraded the WCS to 4.1 also?

We would have to upgrade the location appliance to 3.0 also so we are talking major upgrades and prayer here.

We have upgraded WCS to 4.1.83 , WLC to 4.1.171 and loc to 3.0.37.0

It is stable as far as usage goes, but now I no longer am able to see client counts on the heat map or summary

We are using WiSM4.1.171 and WCS 4.1.83 and we can see client counts in Network Summary.

Zhenning

WCS 4.1.83 on Linux or windows?

We are running on Linux

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card