UPCC Express and ICM

Unanswered Question
Jun 26th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello all, I need some help with an implementation I am trying to accomplish. I currently have IPCC Express Premium 4.0 and this is currently running our support call center. I have reached the 300 User limit on this and we are trying to find solutions to move forward from that barrier. We are considering IPCC Enterprise but the cost for those licenses is too much for our company, especially since we already invested in 300 IVR and Agent licenses for express and we are reluctant to just give those up and move to enterprise. So here is my idea. I am planning on rolling out ICM 7.0 and installing the PG software on the IPCC cluster that I currently have. That way I can install another IPCC Express cluster and make it communicate with the ICM. Basically its 1 ICM server and 2 IPCC express clusters setup with the PG software to make them as ACD?s . Here are my questions. First of all, has anyone installed this and have it running successful? Second, I know we have to purchase additional licenses for the second IPCC Express cluster but what about licenses for the ICM, is it 1 License per ACD connected to the ICM, or is it 1 License per user connected to the ICM? I have other questions but for now If anyone has any information at all, please do not hesitate to email me or post it. Thank you all.

Overall Rating: 5 (4 ratings)
adignan Tue, 06/26/2007 - 14:12
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

1. Yes, I have this running successfully in a few implmementations

2. You would need a "child" license for the IPCC Expres Gateway PG (ICME-PG-IPCCEX - $10,000 list) as well as the IPCC Server licens (IPCE-SVR - $15,000 list). You would also need hardware for the Router/Logger and the Gateway PG you would need for each "child".

Once you do the math, I would seriously look at just deploying IPCC Enterprise as opposed to parent/child. Plus, you would have a single reporting portal which is nice. The $$ may be a wash.

my .02 cents,

please rate any helpful posts.

javier_avila Tue, 06/26/2007 - 14:18
User Badges:

Thank you very much for you reply. Another question I have is, the second IPCC cluster, when implemented, will I need another CCM Cluster, or can I run it off the same Call Manager? I currently have a Cluster of 1 Pub and 2 Sub.

adignan Tue, 06/26/2007 - 14:21
User Badges:

You can run it off the same CCM Cluster. Ensure you run through the CallManager Capacity tool - http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/CT/CCMCT/ct.cgi and run the design by your local Cisco team to ensure you are not outgrowing your existing cluster.

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

adignan Tue, 06/26/2007 - 14:22
User Badges:

Also, if you use the same cluster, you will need to have seperate jtapiusers and rmusers.

please rate helpful posts.

adignan - berbee

javier_avila Tue, 06/26/2007 - 14:32
User Badges:

Sweet, 1 more question if you dont mind, When I implement the second IPCC cluster and have it all working with the ICM, there is a way to load balance between both clusters correct? For example, lets say the agents on IPCC Cluster 1 are getting too many calls, can I have agents from IPCC cluster 2 log in and handle those calls?, I imagine ill have to write a pretty well written script for this to be possible. By the way, I appreciate all your help.

Zin.Karzazi Wed, 06/27/2007 - 02:24
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Yes, you can.

In your ICM script you can specify a label (which is a CTI-RP of your IPCC). Once the Calls comes in and no agents is available or the number of callers waiting in queue exceed a number you define, you route the call using a label.

HTH

Karzazi

Actions

This Discussion