Views
Helpful
Replies

claering a vty line through snmp

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

I tried to run the following command from opt/CSCOpx/bin

snmpset -c RWcommunity devicename .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.10.0 integer 6 and it failed with the following errror:

ld.so.1: snmpset: fatal: libnetsnmp.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory Killed.

I also tried to run snmpset from Device center and it failed with the following error:

tsClrTtyLine.0

Failed to do snmpset on the device. Please check your community string and starting OID, and try again.

I verified the community and it is correct but still failing. Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to do:

env LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/CSCOpx/lib:/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/lib snmpset -v 1 -c COMMUNITY 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.10.0 i 6

Do I need to be in opt/CSCOpx/bin or i can run env LD_LIBRARY_PATH from any prompt? what if I'm using different community strings? Do I need to set env for all the community strings?

Thanks.

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is an environment variable that tells the linker where to look to find missing libraries. You can run this command from any directory provided /opt/CSCOpx/bin is in your PATH. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not change with different community strings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: