splitting an EtherChannel

Unanswered Question
Jun 26th, 2007

Hi,

I have configured an EtherChannel to use PAgP over several fibre links from one site to another.

I have x2 1gig lines which I have EtherChanneled, I want to configure VLAN10 to take 75% of the bandwidth, and VLAN20 the remaining 25%.

How do I configure this?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
sundar.palaniappan Tue, 06/26/2007 - 13:04

AFAIK etherchannel doesn't support that sort of granularity in managing the flow of traffic in a direct way. Etherchannel supports load balancing based on individual or combination of MAC/IP/Port info. You might be able to influence the flow of traffic indirectly by choosing the right load balancing method by studying the physical interface stats.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080160a03.html#wp1020436

HTH

Sundar

cisco-pix Tue, 06/26/2007 - 13:44

Is there any other way I can segment my connection in this way?

Or at least guaranttee a certain VLAN is given a fast connection, over the other VLANs on the trunk?

Actions

This Discussion