Views
Helpful
Replies

3725 Flash upgrade

joyce.vong
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an existing 3725 router with default 32M Flash. I want to upgrade it to 64M. Should I order an internal memory MEM3725-64CF= or should I order the external MEM3725-64CF-EXT memory to perform the upgrade? Which is better?

If I install the 64M external. Does that mean the internal existing 32M will be not in use then? So I will put the new IOS on the external card and the router will ignore the old 32M internal memory and the old IOS in it?

thanks,

Joyce

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, I have read this URL before. It just stated there are internal and external types. I just wasn't sure which is better to perform the upgrade to. And I also wonder if I put the memory in the external 64M for example, then does that mean the default internal 32M won't be used, correct? So I won't be having 96M total flash to put an 3 IOS in it where I can have router to boot any one of the 3 IOS in order? (assuming each IOS is 32M as the example)

If you decide to go with the external, you will have 2 separate file systems and you can choose to boot from either one with the boot system flash command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card